Monday, January 6, 2014

Catching up a bit via my instagram..

..which you really ought to follow seeing as how I'm waaaay too lazy to update here as often these days.

Double taco bummer seen on street:


Another bummer seen on street:


Sweet lock up job:


lol, dumbass..

Worked on an easy socket style rear drop out swap for a friend:

1: Drop out cut 2: Removal 3: Test fit of replacement piece 4: All cleaned and braze rings set up 5: Brazing completed 6: All done! \m/

Another repair I worked on simultaneously with the drop out swap:

 I bought an NJS Bridgestone car impact track frame on eBay a few years back in need of a rear SS replacement for $76. Including the Hatta BB and HS :-D 1: original condition 2: SS removed 3: I was hoping it was a socket style SS cap but it wasn't. Time to make one from scratch 4: got the cap blank brazed, now I just have to carve out the proper shape and match it as best I can to the original.

Whoever came up with this way of capping off seat stays is a real piece of shit. Came out decent enough I suppose:


Just a little more cleaning and touch up filing to go and she'll be ready for the road once more :)


 If anyone's interested it's a 53.5 CTT ST & CTC TT squared frame. 52CTC ST. Comes with a Hatta HS and fork. There's a small dent in the TT which I can fill in if required. I can also install bottle and fenders mounts if desired. Will require a repaint, proper or rattlecan. Just shoot me an offer. Not looking to get a lot but not gonna let her go underpriced either..

Tripped the fuck out when I spotted this sweet new touring fork:


So dope! Still waiting to hear back about pricing etc..

Recently picked up a set of Nova's new double oversized lugs. Check out the difference between a standard lug 8-) 


So rad. Stoked to build em up!

Also stoked on these new lil tid bits from Nova:


 1: Internal cable guide reinforcer 2: Seat stay reinforcer 3: Totally killer pre-polished H2O boss with reinforcer built in. So wicked!

Then I realized something:


26 True Temper Seat Tubes: $156 dollars.. Nova Double Oversized Lugs: $55 dollars.. Realizing that the two are compatible.. Priceless.. granted there's sure to be some fanagling with the TT and BB but still, bloody fucking brilliant!!

I started building up a new frame with said lugs and aero ST earlier today. With any luck it'll come out cool so I won't be empty handed at NAHBS. Which I'm still up in the air about going to. More so because of work than anything else now that I'm living the freelance lifestyle. Not that I can't just split, but it just feels shitty taking a day off when I could be making money. Clearly I'm spoiled by salary gigs and paid vacation days :-/

Then theres how to get there. Part of me wants to just hop on a plane and be done with it. 10-11 hours driving vs like 2 on a plane. Another part wants to ride my motorcycle which would be rad. Then yet another part wants to grab my pops van, toss a couple of bikes and my moto in there. Check out the show and ride bikes etc. Then head over to the Tail of the Dragon a few hours away from Charlotte and shred some curves on the moto. Which would be hella rad..

Decisions, decisions..

Anyways, that's all for now..

Check out more frequent posts on Instagram @ alansikiric


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

padelsbach said...

Both projects came out great, esp matching up those seat stay caps. Just curious though, what are the rings for inside the dropout? Were they there before the repair too?

Alan Sikirić said...

Thanks man! The rings are brazing material. When you braze socket style dropouts, you toss em in there as shown and then 'sweat' the material out when you heat the dropouts up..